We are pleased to offer a Tuck shop facility.
• Essentials mobile shop – soaps, shampoos, sweets, chocolates, deodorants, talcum powder etc.
Wide range of additional activities including
Self-therapy, Drawing, Film nights, Singing, Ballroom chair dancing, Taunton Academy School visits, Pet therapy dogs, Nursery school visits, Coffee outings, pub lunches, Monthly prize raffle, Pamper parties, Post cards of kindness
• We can arrange a daily paper and magazines. (additional charge to individual)
• Person-centred care planning; we write the care plan with you or your family/loved one
• Regular feedback surveys, we are always striving to improve our service
• Relaxing garden facilities to be able to enjoy in the warmer months where we have BBQs and picnics.
• Vegetable garden
• Raised flower beds
• No visiting times – come whenever you like
• WIFI in all areas
• Free parking directly outside
• Chiropodist visits every 6 weeks
• Optician visits every 6 months
• Onsite salon for everyone to use, with an in-house hairdresser every Wednesday
• Onsite handyman
• Home cooked meals prepared on site, with a large range of meals to choose from
• Guests can stay for meals and we can cater for small parties (for a small fee)
• Escorted visits to appointments
• Competent, compassionate, and caring staff
• Peace of mind knowing that you are in safe hands
We pride ourselves on being a big family at The Firs Nursing Home. Our activity team are passionate about their roles. They are always open to hearing new suggestions. If you want to do something, we would love to share new and exciting experiences with you.
The staff here are keen to learn new experiences and provide the best possible care; whilst also promoting individual well-being.