Caldicot NP26 5UW
Salary: £8.00 to £75.00 /hour
Crick Care Home is a 47 bed Nursing and Residential Home located in Crick near Caldicot. We provide specialist residential and nursing care to older people.
We are currently seeking full or part time care assistants to join the team.
Purpose of Role:
Provide full and holistic care to residents, meeting their individual and personal health care needs in a way that promotes choice, dignity and respect. Promote a positive and caring environment throughout the Home, acknowledging your workplace is, first and foremost, the residential living space of people requiring care and support with the daily tasks of their lives.
Our Value Commitments:
Colleagues in Golden Care share a deep commitment to contributing to a positive workplace culture based on learning, growing and being an excellent place live and work. We achieve this by committing to be Forward Thinkers, Evolvers, Truth Talkers, Listeners, Achievers, Positive Encouragers and Team Players.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Familiarise yourself with the individual care plan of every resident, keeping up to date with any changes made by authorised colleagues
- Carry out care as detailed in each individual care plan for residents in the home
- Assist residents who need help with personal care, including bathing, washing and all aspects of their personal hygiene
- Assist with the dressing or changing of residents where required
- Ensure residents’ personal living space, including bed, commode and clothing are kept clean and presentable and free from soiling
- Support residents with mobility and any physical disabilities, supporting the use of care aids and personal equipment
- Actively encourage residents, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living
- Help promote mental and physical activity of residents through conversation, on-site and off-site activities and sharing in day to day recreation such as reading, writing and general hobbies
- Support responsive and caring action by notifying the person in charge immediately of any matter affecting the well-being of residents and the Home
- Prepare simple food and drinks and where necessary assist or feed residents requiring help
- Assist the kitchen in the plating up and serving of meals as required
- Respond to emergency bells, front door and telephone, greet and welcome visitors in the home
- Adopt a professional approach towards residents, relatives, colleagues and visitors
- Complete all mandatory training as required by the Home
- Any other reasonable tasks as expected by your line manager
07:00 – 19:00
07:00 – 14:00
· Pension scheme
· Free Uniform
· Free training and development
– We will also pay for your DBS
– On-site Free Parking
– Employee Assistance Programme
Part-time hours: 24-36 per week