Salary: £31,618.00 /year
JOB TITLE: Nurse – Registered or Pre-registered General Nurse
SALARY: £31,618 PER YEAR
LOCATION OF THE JOB: South Wales & Somerset
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Nurse/Manager
Golden Care Group is looking to recruit a nurse or pre registered nurse to work for their care homes at Crick, Cwmbran and Taunton. You may be required to work at any of these Nursing homes.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• To support Clinical Lead in maintaining high standards of care at all times.
• To act as `Nurse in Charge` in the absence of Senior Nursing Staff.
• To provide general nursing care for up to 49 residents.
• To supervise care staff on shift and, where appropriate, train junior staff.
• To liaise with outside agencies e.g. GPs.
• To supervise care staff and ensure a high quality service delivery is provided to service users at all times.
• To work along side a Nursing Assistant and delegate to them.
• Control and administer drugs in accordance with appropriate regulations.
• Assist with the staff training and induction of new recruits to the Home.
• Maintain resident, drug, and other records as per Home policy, ensuring that accidents, etc. are properly reported.
• Take report at the commencement of the shift and give a report at the end of the shift.
• Ensure adherence to the Codes of Practice laid down by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
• Instigate nursing care in accordance with General Practitioner instruction and individual care plans.
• Review, evaluate and contribute towards care plans in compliance with National Minimum Standards and Home policy.
• Liaison with GPs and other agencies as required.
• To be a point of contact for service user relatives and representatives.
• Ensure Health and Safety issues are dealt with promptly and all equipment is used in approved manner.
• To deal with grievances and complaints in accordance with the policy of the Home.
• Attend Fire Lectures and appropriate courses to maintain individual nursing registration.
• Report serious incidents to senior management immediately
• Conform to the policies and procedures laid down by the Home Management.
• Support policies of the Home in Fire prevention and Security measures.
• The above duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility held. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a post re-grade.
• Registered General or Registered Mental Health Nurse
• Batchelors Nursing degree or equivalent
• NMC Pin
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with Care Planning and Risk Assessments
• Experience with Wound Management
• Administering Medications
• Excellent documentation
• Venepuncture – not essential training can be arranged
• Catheterisation – not essential training can be arranged
• Peg feeding ¬ not essential training can be arranged
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• The ability to deliver high-quality person-centred care.
Amount of Registered Nurses we require – 3
Date of posting: 27.06.19
Date of closing: 27.07.19