Caldicot NP26 5UW
Salary: £16.75 to £17.00 /hour
JOB TITLE: Nurse – Registered General Nurse
SALARY: £16.75 – £17.00 per hour
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To support Clinical Manager in maintaining high standards of care at all times.
- To act as `Nurse in Charge` in the absence of Senior Nursing Staff.
- To provide general nursing care for up to 49 residents.
- To supervise care staff on shift and, where appropriate, train junior staff.
- To liaise with outside agencies e.g. GPs.
- To supervise care staff and ensure a high quality service delivery is provided to service users at all times.
- To work along side a Nursing Assistant and delegate to them.
- Control and administer drugs in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Assist with the staff training and induction of new recruits to the Home.
- Maintain resident, drug, and other records as per Home policy, ensuring that accidents, etc. are properly reported.
- Take report at the commencement of the shift and give a report at the end of the shift.
- Ensure adherence to the Codes of Practice laid down by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Instigate nursing care in accordance with General Practitioner instruction and individual care plans.
- Review, evaluate and contribute towards care plans in compliance with National Minimum Standards and Home policy.
- Liaison with GPs and other agencies as required.
- To be a point of contact for service user relatives and representatives.
- Ensure Health and Safety issues are dealt with promptly and all equipment is used in approved manner.
- To deal with grievances and complaints in accordance with the policy of the Home.
- Attend Fire Lectures and appropriate courses to maintain individual nursing registration.
- Report serious incidents to senior management immediately
- Conform to the policies and procedures laid down by the Home Management.
- Support policies of the Home in Fire prevention and Security measures.
- The above duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility held. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a post re-grade.
- Registered General or Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Batchelors Nursing degree or equivalent
- NMC Pin
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Care Planning and Risk Assessments
- Experience with Wound Management
- Administering Medications
- Excellent documentation
- Venepuncture – not essential training can be arranged
- Catheterisation – not essential training can be arranged
- Peg feeding not essential training can be arranged
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to deliver high-quality person-centred care
Job Type: Full-time and Part Time, Days or Nights
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £16.75-£17.00 per hour
Part-time hours: 24 – 36 per week