Salary: £8.22 /hour
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To provide general support to the Head Cook/Assistant Cook in the preparation and provision of meals and refreshments
- To help maintain the kitchen and food areas to a high standard of hygiene condition.
- To assist the senior kitchen staff in preparing food, beverages and light refreshments
- To operate the kitchen equipment in a safe and approved manner
- To maintain high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, including floors, walls, surfaces, refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, cooker, store, and microwave oven.
- Responsibility for high cleanliness of crockery and cutlery
- To attend training courses relative to the post and to work in a care environment
- To conform to the Health and Safety measures directed by the Home / Head Cook
- To carry out other kitchen domestic work as directed by the Head Cook.
- To report any faults or defects to the building, its contents or equipmene
- Assistance in the preparation of meals to multiple service users
- Have worked with older people including people from different cultures
- Aptitude and skills
- Be able to work in a safe manner
- Personal attributes
- Has the ability to form good working relationships with others
- Possess good personal hygiene standards
- Willing to participate in courses both internally and locally for self development
- Be available for flexible working hours inc. Bank Holidays, and extra hours when necessary
- Demonstrates a high standard of commitment to Hygiene control measures
- Understands and commits to the principle of an Equal Opportunity Policy in a working environment.