Salary: £9.50 /hour
About the Role
Crick Care Home is a 47 bed Nursing and Residential Home located in Crick near Caldicot. We provide specialist residential and nursing care to older people.
The nursing assistant role reports to the Registered Nurse. The nursing assistant will work as part of a designated team, delivering health care that focuses on the direct needs of the people they support. They will carry out specific tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse and the Clinical Lead, which includes the following:
- Ensuring that people we support receive social and health related care according to their individual needs and care plans.
- Administration of medication.
- Vena Puncture.
- Blood Glucose monitoring.
- Basic wound care.
Specialist training will be given to be able to carry out all the role.
The current vacancies are day shifts working across 7 days.
The successful candidate will require or be willing to work towards a Level 3 QCF or equivalent, as well as relevant experience in the health and/or social care. Extra training would be desirable.
You will need to be committed to attend training on an as to need basis. We are seeking candidates who are committed to driving their own development and ensuring that their learning is up to date and valid.
Working for Us
In return, we offer you a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in a rewarding environment.
We also offer the following;
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going learning and development
- Pension scheme
- We will also pay for your DBS (if you leave within your 6 month probation period this will be deducted from yourself)
Job Types: Part time