Taunton TA2 6AQ
Golden Care is a family run group of nursing homes providing high quality nursing care across England & Wales. The group has been delivering residential and nursing care for over 30 years, with a commitment to providing our residents with the best possible comfort, quality, and stimulation.
We are looking for a part-time Finance Administrator to join our team, working 9:00am – 3:00pm, 24 hours / 4 days a week with a salary range £18,575 – £19064 pro rata. The role will need to be based in our Taunton home when on site attendance is required, but there is flexibility to work from home.
Purpose of Role: Provide administrative assistance to the Business Support Manager assisting in finance systems, data analysis and reporting, procurement, scheduling, monitoring and project work to support effective operations across the business.
This role is primarily finance process support so previous knowledge and experience of processing, analysing, monitoring, scheduling and procurement is essential. In addition, the successful candidate must have experience and expertise in Xero Accounting software. They will be highly organised, have excellent administrative and planning skills and show aptitude to see projects through to completion.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure all invoices are logged on Xero, according to their relevant category and payment terms to support robust cashflow analysis
- Produce detailed reports around spend per category and benchmark analysis to ensure value for money is achieved across the business
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Monitor spend against department budgets, keeping Senior Managers informed of any budgetary overspend
- Produce finance related reports and analysis around staff costs, recruitment, travel, training, agency use that will provide analysis leading to budget monitoring and spending
- Take part in completing routine supplier payments
- Support the group’s management of cashflow by overseeing the income of fees and funding and supporting with the payments of monthly outgoings
- Contribute to the efficient procurement of contracts such as equipment leases, utilities, food, medical sundries etc
- Develop and maintain a detailed list of assets across the Group
- Support administration staff across all three homes, ensuring standardised working practices, policies and procedures are followed
- Complete regular audits of administration processes
- Support the Group by completing detailed benchmark analysis amongst partner providers ensuring the Group remain competitive in the market place
- Produce monthly reports on staff sickness, holiday, staff turnover, vacancies
- Producing monthly analysis for the monthly group management meetings such as occupancy, income, outgoings, training, staff retention etc
- Work to ensure the continuous improvement of all HR, Finance and Administration processes in line with new technologies and legislation
- Support the Group in data analysis around recruitment, retention and employee satisfaction
- Schedule routine contract works to be completed according to regulatory standards
- Produce detailed compliance and analysis reports from the Group’s internal software systems
- Any other reasonable tasks as expected by your line manager
Reference ID: FNH Finance Assistant
Part-time hours: 24 per week