Caldicot NP26 5UW
Salary: £11.00 /hour
Purpose of Role:
Provide full and holistic care to residents, meeting their individual and personal health care needs in a way that promotes choice, dignity and respect. Promote a positive and caring environment throughout the Home, acknowledging your workplace is, first and foremost, the residential living space of people requiring care and support with the daily tasks of their lives. Lead the care team under the direction of the Nurse in Charge, ensuring care plans are followed and adhered to in the delivery of person-centred care. Undertake the induction of new carers ensuring their techniques and skills are of good practice. Ensure that all care staff allocated to your team have completed all required training and they are kept up to date. Provide leadership, direction and supervision to the care team.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Familiarise yourself with and action the individual care plans of every resident, ensuring regular checks are made as required and to assist in the planning of care.
- Lead on completion of care plans for all residents with non-nursing needs, ensuring care plans are person-centred and are updated at regular intervals in line with policy.
- Check all charts are completed throughout the shift – Body Maps, Fluid charts, Diet charts, Pressure Relief charts, T- MAR
- Assist in handovers, ensuring accurate communication of residents’ needs, prioritising care, and coordinating residents’ attendance at planned events.
- Ensure positive and accurate communication concerning residents’ needs and clinical compliance between trained nurses and care staff.
- Be flexible and supportive as a team member, leading the care team effectively.
- Induct, coach and mentor new Carers to the role.
- Carry out regular reviews, supervisions and appraisals of Carers.
- Assist residents who need help with all ADL’s, including but not exclusive to personal care, such as bathing, washing and all other aspects of their personal hygiene.
- Assist with the dressing or changing of residents where required.
- Ensure residents’ personal living space, furnishings and equipment is kept clean and presentable and free from soiling.
- Support residents with mobility, physical, sensory and cognitive disabilities, supporting the use of care aids and personal equipment.
- Actively encourage residents, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living.
- Help promote mental and physical activity of residents through conversation, on-site and off-site activities and sharing in day to day recreation such as reading, writing and general hobbies.
- Ensure care staff complete all the above duties to a consistently high standard.
- Support responsive and caring action by notifying the person in charge immediately of any matter affecting the well-being of residents and the Home.
- Prepare simple food and drinks and where necessary assist or feed residents requiring help
- Assist the kitchen in the plating up and serving of meals as required.
- Respond to emergency bells, front door and telephone, greet and welcome visitors in the home.
- Adopt a professional approach towards residents, relatives, colleagues and visitors.
- Complete all mandatory training as required by the Home.
- Deliver Manual Handling training to all staff (Train the Trainer training will be provided).
- Attend and/or run formal meetings as required.
- Manage the carer rotas and annual leave approval system using Coolcare system.
- Oversee online training modules on MyAko e-learning system.
- Any other reasonable tasks as expected by your line manager.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
Qualification: NVQ/QCF Level 3 or certified equivalent
Experience: Minimum 2 years in a care home environment with supervisory experience
- Be passionate about caring for people and have a flair for helping people maintain their independence, choice and dignity.
- Demonstrate a Person centred approach to care planning and delivery.
- Be an effective communicator, able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and the people they care about.
- Good written and face to face communication skills.
- Be a respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise your workload, develop action plans, and think and work strategically.
- Proven ability to motivate, attract and inspire your team.
- Ability to organise a roster, manage staff work allocations, breaks and holidays.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring staff through an induction framework, carrying out staff reviews, supervision, competency assessment and annual performance appraisals.
- Comfortable with use of IT systems and software Knowledge of risk assessment and care planning for residents with underlying health conditions and complex needs.
- Experience of planning and running meetings with staff, residents, families and other professionals.
- Good Record keeping skills.
- Flexible, caring, open and honest approach.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
· NVQ/CQF 5 or certified equivalent, or a willingness to work towards this.
· Experience of delivering training to individuals and teams.
· Experience and training in medicines management, moving and handling, health and safety.
· Experience of taking charge in the event of an emergency situation/simulated training
· Experience of conducting audits and plan appropriate corrective action
07:00 – 19:00
07:00 – 14:00
- Uniform provided
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Investment in training & development
- Free onsite parking